WHAT PARENTS SHOULD KNOW
Where and when is my child’s AAU Membership Insurance applicable?
– $14 General Athlete Membership covers all licensed AAU events & supervised practices
– $16 Extended Benefit Athlete Membership covers both AAU and NON AAU licensed events, as well as & supervised practices
How Much is Covered?
– Player/Family responsible for $300 deductible
– AAU Insurance covers the rest
– Example: If your personal insurance has a $2500.00 deductible you can file a claim for reimbursement from the AAU for $2200.00
How do I File an Insurance Claim?
– Fill out Accident Claim Forms and submit to AAU National
– Once the proper paperwork is received, payment should take approximately 2-3 weeks
WHAT CLUBS, TEAMS & EVENT OPERATORS SHOULD KNOW
General Liability Coverage
– AAU Club Level 1,2 and 3 includes 10 million dollars of coverage for each occurrence
– General liability covers all coaches, non-athletes, teams/clubs, volunteers and tournament administrators